SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an important part of any digital marketing strategy.
Talking about the current time each and every business wants better online visibility, ranking, and branding through the organic search.
If you want to enter this growing field and pursue a carrier in digital marketing you should be prepared for the SEO interview in 2024. In this article, we will discuss the top interview questions and answers often asked in SEO interviews.
For your convenience, we have listed frequently asked questions and answers and divided them into three major parts.
- Basic Level SEO Interview Questions and Answers
- Intermediate Level SEO Interview Questions and Answers
- Expert Level SEO Interview Questions and Answers
Basic Level SEO Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What is SEO & How It Works?
SEO is a type of digital marketing strategy to improve a given website ranking and visibility in major search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
SEO Stands for search engine optimization you can divide it into three parts namely on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. There are different tactics and guidelines to perform SEO for a given website.
Search engines use spider the bot to find and crawl and index pages to ranking for a given query on the internet.
Q2. What are Keywords and Their Role in SEO?
The keywords are a mix of words and phrases people use to search on the internet to find relevant information. Keywords and phrases help SEO professionals to craft content around certain topics and make it searchable in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
Keywords are very important in SEO because it gives an idea about what people are searching and what they want. It helps in creating good content that can rank in SERP.
Q3. What are Different Types of Keywords?
In SEO there are two main types of keywords.
- Primary Keywords – The Keywords or phrases that are main keywords that should be use to optimize the content. It should present in the 1st paragraph, title, description and body text. Do not stuff the main keywords in the content.
- Related Keywords – It is also known as LSI (Latent Semantic Keyword). It is synonyms of the main keywords that can be used in the body text and title, description of a webpage.
Q4. What are Different Types of SEO Techniques?
There are three different types of SEO techniques.
- On-Page SEO – The changes you do on your own website content to improve the overall SEO and ranking in SERP.
- Off-Page SEO – The changes and working on other site to earn backlink for given website and improve the search visibility in major search engine.
- Technical SEO – This is the technique to help spider to find your pages and craw and index they in easy way. Finding and correcting technical SEO issue on the given website.
Q5. What are off-Page SEO Techniques?
Below are a few popular off-page techniques.
- Guest Posting
- Article submission
- Broken Link Building
- Social Media promotion
- Yahoo Answers
- Press Release Submission
- Local Directory submission
- Blog comment
Q6. What are on-Page SEO Techniques?
Below are a few popular off-page techniques. Optimizing
- Title of a page
- Description of a page
- URL structure of webpage
- Optimizing Image with proper alt tag
- Internal Linking
- Page performance
- Producing high quality content
- Improving on-page technical SEO
- Optimizing embed video
Q7. What is a Backlink?
Any type of link coming to your website from other websites is called a backlink. It is also called inbound links. When someone links your website or mentioned in their content it indicated to the search engine that the content is useful.
Q8. What is Page Speed and Why It is Important?
Page speed is a measure of how fast your web page loads for an actual user. It is very important because the pages load fast to give a great user experience on the page. Now, Google is considering page speed while ranking a page in SERP.
Below are the factors that affect page speed
- Total page size
- Large Image, heavy file and videos
- Large CSS code
Q9. What is the Do-Follow Link?
This is a type of link that search engines count and consider while ranking a webpage in SERP. By default, all the links are the do-follow links. Search engines follows links and discover the pages using the do-follow link.
Q10. What is No-Follow Link?
The no-follow link tells the search engine not to follow a link and does not pass value from one to another website. Search engines do not consider no-follow links while ranking a webpage in SERP, it has attribute rel=”nofollow”.
Q11. What are Outbound Links?
Any links that link to another website it is called outbound or external links. Outbound links help in SEO rankings and also increase the relevancy of a website.