When I first heard about the concept of internet marketing and the prospect of earning even more money from home than at my management position, I jumped in feet first, I will not say headfirst because I wasn’t using my noggin.
I joined any site that stated they would’ make me a huge earner within hours ‘, I got eBooks by the dozens and got ripped off and confused really fast. I was literally about to join the looney bin because I was ill-equipped of internet nous and got suckered out of a lot of money with nothing to show for it except junk mail in my email account and endless scammers trying to get me to fork out even more money after I had paid for membership.
A lot of the sites that I had subscribed membership to wouldn’t return my emails when I requested help, even though they offered ongoing support on the membership blurb, I didn’t know what I was doing. Some sites will give you a tonne of information and just leave you to it. Which is very disappointing when you are new to internet business and have just forked out x amount of dollars for nothing.
All in all, I would say that on my online journeys that only a small percentage of the self-proclaimed guru sites are actually the real thing, so if you are new just like I was read on because I want to give you a heads up on what you need to be looking for when you are hunting for an online money generating endeavor.
What Do I Need to Look Out for When Searching for an Opportunity???
* When you are starting out, make sure that you research what it is that you want to start doing. Whether you want to start your own affiliate program, what products you want to sell, how you are going to sell it etc.
Now this may sound daunting and I’m not going to lie to you, it is at first. You need to have a game plan, try researching first by entering keywords into your web browser and just read up on as much information as you can about online business and what types there are that are available.
I’m going to use affiliate marketing as my focus point as that is the easiest entry point for beginners to online marketing. ySense is a great place to start for information on affiliate marketing, I will put their URL link for you to look into.
In essence what I am trying to say is that if you don’t have a game plan and some sort of knowledge about what it is that you want to do, you will be easily misled and lose a lot of money and time.
* Once you know what avenue you want to go down and you are looking for an entry point into your chosen field try and look for the sites that offer a trial period or a refund policy that is related to your field. That way if you feel that there is no support offered you can opt-out and not be out of pocket.
Also when you are looking for a site that will boost your online career make sure that they do offer ongoing support before you sign up, try sending them an email, if they don’t respond within 24 hours then chances are that they will not be supportive of your needs while you are trying to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed.
Be wary of sites that try and get you to fork out more money once you have already paid membership fees and they didn’t mention it in the signup package, these are money suckers and they will try and drain you for all they can before you realize that you are not profiting from their services. Now I am not talking about upgrades, they can be beneficial.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, the more informed you are the less likely you are to be ripped off, if you don’t get your answers then get out quick.
* Print out and keep computer records of all receipts that you get from these sites. You will need them for refunds and referencing. Also keep records of what you are spending in order to run your online business, if you are spending more than what you are earning after a few months or less then that is another sign that you need to try something new or find someone else’s services to help you out. I know that this sounds like the obvious thing to do but a lot of people lose sight of this key point and lose a lot of money.
You will need them for refunds and referencing. Also keep records of what you are spending in order to run your online business, if you are spending more than what you are earning after a few months or less then that is another sign that you need to try something new or find someone else’s services to help you out. I know that this sounds like the obvious thing to do but a lot of people lose sight of this key point and lose a lot of money.
* Stay organized, do one task at a time, one project at a time, write down ideas and set dates for target goals whether they are for money or advertising or future endeavors. If you don’t then you will find yourself overwhelmed and stressed.
* Keep positive, there is always a solution if you stay focused and look for it, get free information off the net by typing in keywords on the subject you need. There is plenty of free information out there.
* Start small, think big and do step by step all that is in between.
I will be posting more information about online business, whether it be dropshipping, wholesaling, or affiliate marketing, I have tried them all so keep an eye out. I also have a website that is great for newbies trying to find decent sites to start them off, they are all tried and tested and you can get a rebate from your membership if you wish to join. Or even if you just want to get further ideas of where to start and what to look for in a starter’s website, it is worth having a look.
I wish you good fortune on your discovery of earning an income through the internet, I really hope that you succeed, remember to follow the steps above and be wary, but also don’t be afraid to take chances, just ask questions first and do some investigating.