Before we talk move on to talk about why enterprises should opt for outsourcing the QA testing services, let us see what testing services are and where they are used.
In IT industry QA (Quality Assurance) testing defines the process of thoroughly checking a software application to ensure that there are no errors in the program and that the software is delivering the results it is supposed to. Just as with every other industry, testing a software product is done in multiple stages.
While some enterprises ask developers to test the software, it is important to understand that the roles of a developer and that of a tester are essentially different. While a developer designs and develops the program from scratch using various codes and platforms, the tester assesses the various components in the software to see if they are functioning the right way.
Enterprises that regularly develop software products prefer to employ testing on the payroll so that the developers and testers can work in tandem and complete the projects on time. That said, some enterprises like to handover the task to freelancers or experts from the industry to get a better result. While each enterprise has its own reasons, we can say that there are definitely more advantages to outsourcing the testing services.
Outsource Testing Services – Benefits for an Enterprise
When an enterprise outsources the testing services, the company that takes up the project will adhere to and follow the guidelines of the project. The main focus of the testing team will be on the quality of the software.
Enterprises have a better chance of finding experienced testers when they outsource the job. Many testers in today’s market work as freelancers or have grouped together to form independent testing companies to provide high-quality services to their clients. The complete the job within the deadline and also document the process.
- Assured Quality of Services
- When companies exclusively offer testing services, they tend to pool talented and experienced testers. More and more testers prefer to work as freelancers on various projects rather than tie themselves to a single enterprise.
- Save Time and Money
- Outsourcing saves enterprises time and money. Since projects have fixed deadlines, once the developers are done working on a software application, it can be sent to the testers who will deliver it within the stipulated time.
- Companies have the required testing tools to start the job immediately. This makes it possible to complete the job in less time, thereby ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Enterprises do not have to spend money on hiring a tester and paying them a monthly salary. A tester comes into the picture only after the software product has been developed and hence, paying a freelancer or an independent company makes more sense.
- Outsourcing is one of the best ways to cut the cost of investment without compromising quality. That’s the reason many enterprises and multinational organizations prefer to outsource various aspects of the projects to different companies.
- Simplify the Operations
- The companies that take up outsourced services are equipped for the job. They break down the process into smaller steps and each person on the team takes up tools they specialize in. This reduces the overall complexity of the project and makes it possible to maintain the required quality standard of the software application.
That said, enterprises have to be careful when choosing a company to Outsource Testing Services. The success of the product ultimately depends on whether the testers could identify all the bugs and errors before the product is released into the market. Keeping in mind the following factors will help enterprises make better decisions in hiring an outsourcing company.
- How experienced is the team of testers?
- What do other clients have to say about the company?
- How many testing services do they provide?
- What kind of projects has the company worked on until the date?
- Is the company willing to share details or samples of previous projects?
- How transparent are their contract and service agreements?
- Do they charge extra or have any hidden costs?
- What kind of after-service support does the company offer?
- Does the company provide documentation of the testing process after they finish working on the project?
- Does the company guarantee data security? What measures does the team take to keep the software secure?
Having an in-depth meeting with the shortlisted companies will help enterprises in choosing the best possible option to outsource the task.
Enterprises should not shy away from asking a few tough questions to make sure that they can rely on the company to offer them quality testing services. Choosing companies that offer both manual and automated testing services is advised.