With the advancement of technology, it seems everyone is in search of a good spy app with which they can snoop on other people’s phones. If you are looking for a spy app and you are confused by the long list of apps available in the market, don’t worry, we have got the list of five best spy apps sorted out for you. Our analysis will help you compare these apps against certain criteria of compatibility, pricing, features, and support.
Xnspy is a leading web-based monitoring tool. This spy app is compatible with Android and iOS devices and offers a comprehensive list of features that are easy to use. It is a great tool to spy on other people’s chats, call logs, and multimedia files without letting them know.
Ambient listening and call recording are two advanced features that make it different from other spying apps. You can access all the chats and shared multimedia files on the popular social media platforms like WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Skype, and many others. It gives you access to the browsing history of the monitored device. Furthermore, you can spy on emails and saved bookmarks, too. You cannot only view a list of all installed apps, but you can also block all the unwanted apps remotely.
If you want to track the location of the monitored person on a real-time map, then Xnspy is the right app for you. It also facilitates you with location history logs that can be accessed through Xnspy’s web-based control panel. Interestingly, Xnspy offers instant notification feature for pre-defined words, places, contacts, and email addresses. Whenever those words or email addresses are used by the monitored person, you can get an instant alert via email.
- Android spy app: Works with all devices running Android OS version 4.X to 9.X
- iPhone spy app: Compatible with all devices running iOS version 6.X to 12.3.2
Before making any buying decision, you must verify that the phone or device you want to monitor is compatible with the app. For this, you can use the device compatibility wizard on their official website. Once done, you can install and set up the monitoring app quite easily.
- The Basic version of Xnspy comes at $59.99 per year (effective price $4.99/month)
- The Premium version of Xnspy is billed at $35.99 annually (effective price $7.49/month)
It offers reliable customer support with guides and tutorials available on their website. Plus, in case you need assistance, you can submit a support ticket or chat live with the support team.
- Competitive pricing
- The app works in a stealth mode
- The user-friendly control panel offers ultimate access
- Easy installation and set up
- One license can be used to monitor only one device
- Doesn’t offer telephonic customer support
Mspy is another powerful spy app that is specifically designed with advanced parental controls. The app works with both Android and iOS devices with limited functionality on the latter. Once installed, it works in the background, and the app is undetectable. There are many features available with this monitoring tool, such as easy access to chats, emails, and call logs. It also lets you block unwanted calls on the target device.
Mspy monitoring tool is equipped with a location tracking feature. This feature is used to access the exact location of the monitored person. Additionally, it makes easy for parents to view messages sent/received on social media apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Instagram, Line, and Facebook. One can easily access and block all the apps installed in the monitored device through mspy control panel. It makes parenting easy by enabling the user to track the digital footprints of their kids and block all the inappropriate websites if needed.
- Android spy app: Compatible with all versions running Android OS 4+
- iPhone spy app: Functional with all iOS versions up to 9.0.2
- The Basic plan is available for $29.99 per month or $99.99 annually
- The Premium plan for a month will cost you $69.99 or $199.99 per year
- mSpy Family is also available at $479.99 that lets you spy on up to 3 devices
Mspy offers cooperative customer support via email and live chat.
- Activity tracker to monitor screen time
- The app is completely hidden
- Offers all basic monitoring features
- Rooting is required for many features to work on Android devices
- Fairly expensive
- The ambient recording feature is not available
3. Highster mobile
Highster mobile is a spy app that enables you to secretly monitor your kids, employees, or loved ones without them ever knowing it. To get this app, all you need is to buy the subscription plan. Once the payment is made, you can download the app from the link given in the email. After the successful installation, you can access all the information of the monitored device from the Highster Mobile Control Center by logging in with your Highster credentials.
This monitoring tool lets you access all the smartphone activities and locations remotely. It is easy to use and can be set up within a few minutes. The best part about this spy app is that it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. It gives access to text messages, GPS locations, photos, and video logs. You can also view the call logs of the monitored device. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Skype can be accessed through the control panel. It also gathers information regarding all sent/received emails, installed apps, and calendar activities.
- Android spy app: Compatible with devices running Android OS between 3.X and 8.X
- iPhone spy app: Works with iOS versions between 7.X and 12.2
- It is a one-time premium purchase of $69.99
Live chat is not available. But, you can call the support center during office hours.
- The cheapest mobile spy app with no monthly fees
- Easy installation
- Highster mobile is undetectable
- Provides basic monitoring features only
- Customer support options are limited
- No free trial version
Flexispy is a professional spy app that offers some incredibly unique features. A tricky thing is that, the premium version of Flexispy offers all of the basic features you expect in a smartphone spy app. So, basically, what other apps call their Basic plan is Xnspy’s Premium and what they call their Premium is Flexispy’s Extreme.
The Extreme version of the app also comes with unique features, such as ambient sound monitoring, and call recording. However, there are not many choices in packages, making even the basic features pricey compared to other similar apps. The Extreme version is even more expensive but does include unique features that may make it worth the extra cost.
Flexispy lets you access all the data via an online portal, once you have set up the app on the monitored device. You can view all text messages, call logs, browser history, and multimedia files that are saved on the device. On rooted Android devices, you can also access Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Skype chats. With the Extreme version, you can find the location of the monitored device and get alerts when a predefined word is used in messages. It also allows you to send a fake message to any number from the monitored device.
- Android spy app: Works with all Android devices running OS between 4.0.3 and 9
- iPhone spy app: Compatible with devices running iOS up to 9.1. iOS 9.2 – 11.4.1 supports tethered mode only.
- The Premium package is billed at $68 a month and $99 for 3 months
- The Extreme package will cost you $199 for 3 months
Live chat, email, and telephonic customer support are available.
- Most powerful spy app
- Easy to use
- Live call recording feature
- Send spoof SMS to any contact
- Most expensive spy solution
- Doesn’t offer contacts blocking features
- Does not support latest iOS version
Basically, ikeymonitor is a key logger app that lets you record keystrokes and monitor other activities on the target person’s phone. This parental control app is able to restrict some inappropriate apps on your child’s device as well as can record screenshots, activities on websites, and block all the unwanted apps.
This spy app is easy to use and offers a user-friendly control panel for reviewing data on the monitored device. Interestingly, ikeymonitor offers a free 3-day trial version that allows you to put the product through its paces for free.
It offers a more comprehensive list of social media app monitoring capabilities, including Facebook Messenger, Tinder, Viber, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Skype, and Kik. With ikeymonitor, you can access text messages, web activities, emails, and surprisingly, you can capture screenshots from the monitored device remotely. You can also access the camera as well as the microphone of the monitored device remotely to get the idea of what is going on in their world at any given time.
- Android spy app: Supports devices with Android OS 2.3 and above
- iPhone spy app: Supports iOS 9 and above
- iKeyMontior Full version is available at $49.99 per month
Help material and other resources are available on the website. Additionally, you can get customer support via email or live chat.
- Easy remote control features to manage the device
- Offers optimum parenting controls by limiting screen time
- 3-day trial version
- Expensive for basic monitoring purpose
- Can only spy on one phone per subscription