Phasmophobia is a popular investigative horror game created by British indie games studio, Kinetic Games. The game needs a mic to accomplish its objectives but many users are facing phasmophobia. mic is not working issue.
If you are one of them, don’t worry, we are here to help you out and let you know the methods to fix Phasmophobia is a popular investigative horror game created by British indie games studio, Kinetic Games.
In this article, we will be going to list the 5 most effective methods that can help you in resolving the issue with the phasmophobia mic. Read the further article to have a look at the methods. But before it lets me know the reasons why the phasmophobia mic is not working while playing the game.
Reasons Why You Face Phasmophobia Mic Not Working Error
- Using incorrect microphones
- Outdated Windows
- Outdated audio drivers
- Due to enabled exclusive mode or enhancements
- The microphone is not set as a default
- Broken microphone
- The microphone is not connected properly to the port
- The game is not installed in the main drive
- Absence of voice recognition drivers
These are some of the major reasons phasmophobia mic doesn’t work in your game. As if now you know the reasons, let’s discuss the methods to resolve the issue.
5 Methods to Fix Phasmophobia Mic Not Working Issue
Method 1: By Disabling the Enabled Exclusive Mode
One of the major reasons why the phasmophobia mic is not working while playing the game is due to the enabled exclusive mode or enhancements. You can disable the exclusive mode by following the below-given steps:
- Open the run bar by pressing the Win + R keys together on the keyboard.
- And when the dialog box opens up, type mmsys.cpl and click OK.
- When the sound window appears, navigate to the recording tab and click on the active playback device.
- Click on the properties option.
- In the next window, go to the advanced tab and then navigate to the exclusive mode section and uncheck the box given next to allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
- Next, go to the enhancements tab and uncheck the box next to Disable all sound effects.
- At last, click Ok to save changes.
Method 2: Try to Update the Audio Drivers
Drivers play an important role to function the related device properly. If you have outdated audio drivers there are chances that the phasmophobia mic is not working. Update the audio drivers by following the given steps:
- Go to the start icon and search for Device Manager and click on it to launch.
- In the window, look for the audio inputs and outputs and double click on it to expand it.
- Next, choose your audio driver and right-click on it and click on update driver.
- In the next window, choose the required option to proceed with the driver update process and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Method 3: Install Voice Recognition Drivers
You need to install voice recognition drivers to use the mic while playing the game. Below are the steps you need to follow to install voice recognition drivers:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win +R keys together.
- Type ms-settings:easeofaccess-speechrecognition and click OK.
- It will open the speech tab of settings.
- Now, check if the speech recognition is enabled or not from the right side of the pane.
- If it is disabled then move the toggle to the right to enable it.
- After that, set up a speech recognition window will appear, follow the steps to enable speech recognition.
- When it is successfully enabled, go to the top right section of the page and click on additional speech settings.
- On the next window, make sure that the default speech-language is set to English ( United States ).
- After that go to the bottom of the page and check if English (Unites States) is present under installed voice packages.
- Click on add voices if the voice package is not installed. And choose English (United States) from the list.
- At last, restart your PC and launch the game again and check the mic.
Method 4: Update Windows 10
Outdated Windows 10 is the main cause of the occurrence of any errors. So, there is a chance that due to the outdated Windows you are facing a phasmophobia mic not working. If you don’t know how to update Windows 10 let’s look at the below steps:
- Press the Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate in the box and hit enter key.
- It will land you in the windows update section of the settings.
- On the windows update page, navigate to the right side of the page and click on check for updates.
- After that follow the onscreen instructions to download the latest updates.
- Lastly, restart your PC and launch the game again.
If you are still facing the error in using the mic then you can follow another method to fix the issue.
Method 5: Choose the Correct Microphone
Using the incorrect microphone also causes the error so that you are unable to use the mic while playing the game. Select the correct microphone from the in-game Audio menu. Below are the steps you need to follow to execute this method:
- First of all, open Phasmophobia from Steam or any launcher you are using.
- Wait for some time to load the menu and after that go to the options board.
- Navigate to the audio tab.
- After that adjust the microphone value to select the microphone you actually want to use.
- When the correct microphone is selected click Apply to save changes.
Note: Go to the Options menu and then other submenus to check if the default language is set to English.
- Lastly, restart your PC and launch the game again and check if the correct mic is chosen.
- Play the game and see if the issue has been fixed or not.
It is quite frustrating when we play Phasmophobia and the mic is not working. But using the above methods you can get rid of phasmophobia mic not working issues.
All the above methods are effective and trusted and quickly solve your issues. So, try the above methods and enjoy the game without any hurdles.