In this article, you will learn what role a website plays in a business, how much profit you can make by creating websites, what the options are for making a profit, and much more.
Read this article to the end to find the answers to these and other questions about website development and monetization.
Why Do You Need a Website?
Before we start discussing how to make money by creating websites, let’s find out why businesses and people need them. A website is a platform where the target audience arrives and where they perform the action desired by the owner. If the site is commercial and its primary purpose is to sell a product, the target action will be a purchase.
If the site is informative and a person is looking for an answer to a question, the target action will be to finish reading the article. Information sites include blogs and forums. You must understand your client’s objective when you develop the site for them.
What Does a Website Consist Of
The site consists of code, and the code is commands written in a special language for browsers. Browsers read the commands and display the site with all its functions. In a classic way, five specialists are needed to develop a website: a project manager, a web designer, a front-end developer, a back-end developer, and a content manager.
a project manager is a link between the client and the team. Your task is to listen to all the customer’s Wishlists, understand how everything should look, and hand the team the task of implementing it.
Responsible for the appearance of the future site in every detail: what colors the pages will be in, how the elements will be arranged, how to make the banners, etc.
Once the layout has reached the developers, they start writing code. Frontend developers are responsible for how the website looks externally, including buttons, menus, etc.
Back-end developers are responsible for the internal part of the website. For example, they are responsible for getting tickets for the customer or optimizing the website to make it faster and more stable. Developers can be generalists and play both roles.
The last step in creating a website is filling in the content. Contents are texts, photos, videos, and other information, and the content manager is responsible for this action. A beginner cannot always manage managerial functions and control an entire team of specialists. Therefore, we will go deeper and study the situation when you can cope with creating any site on your own.
Custom Website Creation
Let’s assume that even being a beginner, you have already firmly decided to earn money by creating websites and have already found your first client among your friends. He gave you an advance to create a website for his take-out diner. If you lack skills in designing or creating websites, a website builder is the best option for creating a project.
Website builders are services where developers package code into specific functions and all you have to do is put them together. If you are interested in choosing such a service, see the review on this site.
For example, if you need to put a title on your website, it doesn’t need to be written in code, and it will be enough just to drag the text block inside the section and write the desired text inside it.
In our example, with a snack bar, the website must have a catalog with dishes, baskets, online payment options, or on receipt with delivery. All these functionalities are already available in the website builders; you just need to choose and drag it to the desired place on the website.
After that, just choose a template for the site, which a professional designer has already made, add dishes, and set up payment as instructed. And all of this is completely code-free.
Pros and Cons of Website Builders
Website builders, like other tools, have their strengths and weaknesses, and beginners should be aware of these features, as their earnings from website creation will depend on them. Let’s see them in detail:
- Ease of use – Builders are created in such a way that any beginner can easily create a website.
- You don’t need programming experience – Writing code, which the developer is responsible for, is the biggest expense on a project. Using the builder, which does not work with code, you automatically reduce the cost of the site.
- Ready-made templates on various topics – In addition to the fact that it is easier to create a site in the builder due to its simplicity and lack of code, developers and designers create ready-made templates for popular topics.
- High website creation speed – Thanks to the templates and the lack of code, the site can be put together in a matter of hours, even for beginners who have never done anything like this.
- Price – The average price of the builders’ tariff is R$35 per month. When paying annually, builders often give a discount.
- Similar models – Since designers are professionals, they use similar methods to create a website. Therefore, in different builders, you may see semantically similar parts of the model–for example, a section with revisions or benefits.
- Functionality limitation – By building a website with a team of developers, you can build anything. Constructors are limited to the most popular functions. If you have decided that you will create a site in the builder, look at how often your developers make updates and whether they do them. It is possible that you chose a dying builder whose developers only keep the current health in it.
- No transfer to another hosting – With some website builders, transferring your website to another hosting is impossible.
How to Gain Clients
The most ideal and manageable source is advertising. You can learn how to do this yourself or find a professional. The fastest option to get the first applications will be sharing targeted advertising videos on social networks or contextual advertising on search engines.
Monitor Requests from Freelancers
There are several requests for website creation on popular sites where employers are looking for freelancers. Some of the popular platforms are:
Promote on Social Media
You can post on social media about what you are doing and your friends can contact you personally or recommend you to their friends who are looking for these services.
Making money on website creation is a profitable direction. But the money will come later. It is advisable to develop a portfolio and get feedback and experience. After 3-4 months, you can count on a stable income.
Look for clients on freelance exchanges, job sites, social networks, and website creation courses. Also, participate in the search engine promotion of your business and connect contextual advertising, and this will ensure a flow of customers.
Remember Customer Service
This will provide you with additional monthly income with little labor costs. Also, to increase profits, offer other related services: promotion in search engines and setting up contextual advertising.