The Internet is the most important and usable in daily life. But have you ever experience slow internet speed at some time.
It takes too much time to load a web page and spend hours downloading something using that internet at a slow speed.
It is very irritating to use the internet at a slow speed and when you paid for high-speed internet it becomes worse.
Nevertheless, there are so many factors that can affect the loading speed of the web page and open the email. It can be a problem with your browser or your computer and sometimes it can be a problem with the website.
It is not possible that always the same problem causes slow down the internet. It may be the problem of your internet provider, maybe the internet is down from your internet provider side.
Sometimes your computer or browser is causing the internet to slow down but sometimes it is the problem of the internet provider but the question is how you can mark what is the issue.
You can do one thing, check the internet speed at different websites and different apps, and compare the speed of the internet and mapped with the speed promised by your internet provider.
You May Like to Read: Web Filtering for Schools
Right Internet Speed for You
- 1-3 MBps: If you just surf the web, use email and social media the internet speed 1-3 MBps is enough but the speed is not ideal for you if you want to stream video.
- 3-4 MBps: If you need internet for basic usages and want to stream video in standard quality 3-4 MBps internet speed can be okay for sometimes but if you stream video in high quality it can be lead to delay in playing the video. It can be ideal for one computer.
- 5-10 MBps: If you love to watch the video in high quality 5-10 MBps internet speed can be ideal for one computer. By using the internet at this speed of the internet all the high-quality content can be used.
- 10-20 MBps: If you use the internet for downloading the file and videos you can buy the internet at this speed it can be good enough for a better experience the internet and enjoy high-quality content over the internet.
- 20 MBps and above: If you want to use the internet for multiple devices and with all the family members you should buy the internet speed at 20MBps or above to experience the service at high quality and enjoy all the high-quality content without delay.
Ways to Check the Speed of the Internet
Now, all set and your connections are active and you are close enough to browse the internet at the promised speed. So the time to check your internet speed. Here are the most popular ways you can check the speed of the internet.
Ookla Internet Speedtest
Ookla is one of the most famous internet speed test services, you can download the mobile app or use their website to check the speed of the internet.
Before you check the internet speed at Ookla Speedtest you need to know some of the terms used to represent the speed of the internet.
- Ping: It is used to measure the speed of the response from the server. When the ping is fast then it means the internet speed is good.
- Download Speed: It represents the speed at the file and video will download which is given in bits per second.
- Upload Speed: Here this represents the speed at the file and videos, images can be uploaded. The speed is given in bits per second.
Now you got the speed of the internet you are using. You can compare these results with the internet provider’s promised speed. Before making any decision you need to run the test more than one time on different days and times to get some good results. Also, you can check the speed with another internet user within the same network.
Fast.com speed of the Internet Checker
You can use this tool to check your internet speed. This is the tool provided by the video streaming service provider Netflix. By using fast.com tool users can check the internet speed at any given point of time throughout the day.
You May Like to Read: GPS Test for iPhone
Tips to Check Accurate Internet Speed
It is important you check the internet speed in the right way to get accurate internet speed. Some of the most important tips are below.
- Always try to use a wired connection to check the internet speed to get accurate speed
- Do not forget to test several times to get the idea about the speed
- You need to check your hardware before you check the internet speed
- Check your network bandwidth