Have you ever measured your keywords ranking in the yahoo, bing, and Baidu search engines?
I am sure you are optimizing your website just for Google bots. No?
In this article, I will discover the opportunities for your website beyond Google.
Whenever you begin with a website you probably like to install a search console attribute into your website header.
What does it mean?
It means you are likely to optimize your website for Google search engine.
Why almost every folk choose Google to apply its promotional marketing strategy?
Google dominates the market, value, and customers as well as users.
If you compare the matrices among the search engine then this result you will get:
Search engines share the market:-
- Google market share – 92.71%
- Bing market share – 2.32%
- Yahoo – 1.59%
- Baidu market share – 1.06%
Google is a game player in the online internet world whereas other search engines are just children in the front of.
Around 90% of internet users move around Google.
Rest all things have been cleared for you.
That’s why you always fancy the Google search engine to explore your website and raise revenue.
Why you should optimize Your Website in other than Google search engine because other search engines are less-competitive rather than Google.
You can place your website page easily through a simple marketing strategy.
You can get the traffic from that country in which a particular search engine is being searched.
Like Baidu, the Chinese search engine is only used in China. You can sell your product in China. No need to learn Chinese if you are from an English country like the UK or a Hindi country like India. Baidu works in approx 90 languages.
In other search engines, the ranking algorithms and procedure is not as difficult as Google.
In Google, big brands have been listed their websites so it is quite difficult to beat them. (It may be time-consuming or costly) Look at your Products and target audience at the same.
In case you are not gaining your goals, it means now the time to find different things beyond Google and its partners’ website.
May be yahoo can deliver the right audience that suits your products, unlike Google.
Maybe duckduckgo is being used in your nation or geographical area.
Major Search Engines Except for Google
Baidu Search Engine
Baidu is a leading search engine in the chines geographical area.
Like Google works in the USA and major parts of the world, Baidu works in china and offers the same products (anti-virus, news, video, maps, encyclopedia) and services as Google. This search engine earns profits from the users’ paid advertising activities.
Three major SERP features of Baidu:
- Baidu Space
- Baidu Patent Search
- Baidu Baike
- Unique SERP features
More than 75% of Chinese users are utilizing this Baidu search engine. Now the time to get your website listed and optimize for Chinese search engine Baidu.
Implementing SEO for top rankings in Baidu is no cakewalk. Need an ultimate strategy to be ranked in the Baidu SERP.
Key points need to be followed to optimize a website for Baidu:
- Baidu has its webmaster tools like Google so sign up for this tool.
- Workout on mobile SEO
- You can list your business in the local business without having Chinese Contact numbers.
- Make your website mobile-friendly
- Perform technical SEO Activities as you do so for Google.
- You maybe wonder that Baidu offers the same disavow tools to separate irrelevant links
- Create high-quality content for the website in the Chinese language.
- Launch a strong link building approach for Baidu.
- Utilize strong meta description (it is a Ranking factor for Baidu, not Google)
Founded – January 18, 2000
Demographics Use – China
Bing Second largest search engine in the world after Google and owned by Microsoft. Bing was discovered by Microsoft on 3 June 2009 onwards. Around 2.32% of people (United States, Brazil, Canada, and Latin America and India) employ this search engine for their respective queries.
According to Statista, Bing is used for by searchers 33% in the USA, 3% in Brazil, 17% in Canada, 5% in India.
Produce a ranking strategy for Bing
- Start with the XML sitemap for Bing.
- Build powerful on-page presence including Meta tags, robots, contextual keywords, and phrases in the content.
- Develop link building (Get links from Bing-webmaster indexed websites).
- Click Signals matter in Bing for accuracy.
- Upvotes matter for answer ranking on forums.
- Understand the Bing search algorithm – Space Partition Tree And Graph (SPTAG)
- Rest all SEO strategies are as same as Google.
Founded – 3 June 2009
Demographics Use – worldwide
Available in: 40 languages
1.59% of folks in the internet world use yahoo as their custom search engine. As Google has a separate crawler named Googlebot, Yahoo also has a personal bot named “Slurp” so do not use black hat SEO.
To optimize your website for yahoo, you need to submit your website for Bing and yahoo both because both search engines are powered by Microsoft and Microsoft has the same regulations for both engines.
Yahoo separately does not offer any tool to get your website indexed in yahoo search.
Lower competitive markets can be beneficial for you but searchers are also in low numbers. No need to be afraid, yahoo does not contain any dominating algorithm as Google and Bing.
If you have optimized your website for Bing then it will also work for yahoo means no distinct optimization for yahoo.
Founded – 2 March 1995
Demographic uses – worldwide
Current situation – Yahoo has become the miner and additional part for the Bing search engine.
Honestly, I also planning to optimize and index my blog into Duckduckgo SERP.
This search engine is considered better than Google in terms of relevancy as it is producing results exactly based on queries without extracting cookies and caches.
It has also a spider bot to maintain the performance itself named DuckDuckBot.
Transparently, DuckDuckBot does not interface too much into the websites as Google does so.
As of now, this internet-powered search engine does not collect your personal information as Google. And also work on the privacy protection of users.
SEO for Duckduckgo
No separate tasks to get indexed on a website. When you submit to other search engines then your website will be recognized by DuckDuckBot.
Simply follow SEO optimization tasks as you are doing for Googlebot.
Founded – 2008
Area Served – Worldwide
Is it the next search engine?
Yes, we can say FB is a social media platform but it is a search engine too.
FB has the potential to defeat Google and other search engines.
FB serves you differently as you can easily make a connection path with other users on whichever location they are staying.
As of 2020, FB has two billion users.
Mainly three segments where you can approach the audience and increase brand awareness. Images, videos, and text could be found for a query on FB.
- FB profile
- FB groups
- FB pages
Key Points to follow
- First off, no need for optimization for the website.
- Utilize free marketing features like sharing, posts, messages, and call to actions buttons, and so on.
- You can opt for Facebook advertising like creating lead generation campaigns, remarketing campaigns, impressions campaigns, and catalog for an eCommerce store.
Founded – February 2004
YouTube is a video search engine, the second most used App in the world after Google.
Also, it comes as a built-in application in android smartphones. You are not given features to delete this video-sharing platform. Now, It has become the subsidiary of Google inc.
Utilize this tool to grow up your business
- Launch a YouTube channel that can be relevant to your website or something else.
- Create videos to help the viewers.
- Craft title tags and descriptions and links to the website.
- Google also produce video results in which in most case YouTube videos could be found.
- Learn to optimize your videos for Google SERP.
- No guidelines are available for a website for YouTube.
Founded: 14 February 2005
Total users – 2 billion logged-in monthly users
Do you consider Pinterest as a search engine?
If not, you should use Pinterest as an essential search engine.
Billions of folks always scroll the Pinterest feed to discover new content ideas and information on daily.
72% percent of internet users prefer to employ Pinterest to build backlinks and drive traffic.
If you are already running a Pinterest page you might see a Pinterest section as a referral traffic source in Google Analytics account.
What to do on Pinterest?
- Start, a Pinterest page naming yourself or website name.
- Publish alluring, informative, sharable, eye-catching Pinterest pins.
- Follow ideal pin size – 600 x 900 Pixels from 1000 x 1500 Pixels.
- Follow other pins and boards
- Link to your website.
- Do the activities frequently.
You need to monitor your customers’ location and business targets.
Unlike Google, other search tools have fewer users’ base but you can gain something better performing over there.